Todd Stock, RE/MAX Results
Most home sellers know that keeping the home “showing ready” is important. Cleaning and reducing clutter are great first steps, but to truly showcase your home, you may want to take extra steps. Here are three reasons to consider staging:
- Staging helps your home “speak” to buyers. You want your home to evoke an emotional reaction from buyers based on the house itself, not its contents, so that it has broad appeal. According to the National Association of REALTORS, “77 percent of buyer’s agents say that staging makes it easier for buyers to visualize a house as their future home.”
- You want to get the highest price for your home and sell it quickly. A well-staged home highlights your home’s enhancements and features, creating a sense of urgency among buyers who can easily picture themselves moving in and making it their own.
- Staging helps you organize and declutter. Many of the steps you will take to stage your home would need to be done for moving. Decluttering and packing away personal belongings can give you a head start.
When it comes to staging, you can do the work yourself, hire a professional stager or do a combination of the two. Your REALTOR can recommend the kind of staging that will be most effective and can recommend a staging service. Some tips:
- Clear away clutter, including personal photos and knickknacks.
- Clean thoroughly and look for often-forgotten areas like under the sinks and behind appliances.
- Arrange furniture to highlight your space, removing extra furniture as needed.
- A fresh coat of paint in neutral colors will do wonders.
- Perform repairs so that buyers will see your home as well-maintained.
A professional stager can help present your home in its best light. They offer the objective, unemotional perspective needed to showcase your home. It can be unsettling to see your home transform from a personal space to a neutral one, the stager’s goal is to help you sell your home quickly and for the best price.
Phone: (260) 436-6363